Search This Blog

White Chocolate, Almond and Raspberry Cake


Instead of trying to describe this cake myself, I'm just going to include what someone wrote on my Facebook wall about this cake:


"Thanks so much for the best b-day cake I ever had!! It's truly a work of art, and it's a shame that everyone can't have a piece .... oh, well, more for me. I'm not really a fan of chocolate, and Allison went out of her way to make me a GREAT cake. There's 1 piece left (I can't believe it), and I think I'll take it home to enjoy later.... Thanks, again, Allison!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


Ingredients
1 ½ containers fresh raspberries
white chocolate cream cheese frosting
melted bittersweet chocolate, for garnish
whole almonds, for garnish
more fresh raspberries, for garnish

Equipment
cake leveler or large serrated knife
pastry brush
10” cardboard round or platter
strips of parchment paper
large frosting spreader

Directions
1. Even out tops of cakes with a cake leveler or large serrated knife. Brush away any crumbs
2. Brush tops with raspberry purée.
3. Transfer one cake half, purée side up, to a cardboard round or platter. Line bottom with parchment strips.
4. Spread 1 cup of whipped cream over top of cake, leaving a 1-inch margin around the edges.
5. Press raspberries into whipped cream.
6. Place second cake layer, purée side down, on top. Brush away any crumbs.
7. Frost with a thin layer of white chocolate frosting. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
8. Dollop cake with frosting and frost top and sides as desired. Remove parchment strips.
9. Decorate cake as desired.

Yields 1 2-layer 9” round cake

© 2009 by Allison Lattman

No comments: