4. Lower heat to simmer and cook until salsa turns deeper green.
This is the basis of green salsa. If you like yours spicier, add more serrano peppers. If you like it mild, add fewer.
15 tomatillos, husked and rinsed
3 serrano peppers
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1 large white onion, finely diced
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon ground cumin
fine sea salt, to taste
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 bunch cilantro leaves, finely chopped
food processor fitted with bottom chopping blade
1. Put the tomatillos, serrano peppers and garlic in the food processor. Process until pureed.
2. Put the tomatillo mixture in the saucepot. Add onion, cumin, water, salt and pepper and mix.
3. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
5. Cool completely. Then, stir in chopped cilantro.
Yields about 4 cups
2009 by Allison Lattman