This was my first adventure into creating all natural baked goods without sugar or dairy. I brought it into the office to feed to the guinea pigs and got rave reviews. Too bad not everything is as easy to make sugar-free and non-dairy as this. Oh, well.
1 ⅔ cup white whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon salt
⅓ cup extra light (tasting) olive oil, plus more for greasing
⅔ cup agave nectar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 or 4 large ripe bananas, mashed
½ cup walnuts, toasted, skins removed and broken into pieces
4 ½ × 8 ½ × 2 ½-inch loaf pan
dry measuring cups
liquid measuring cup
stand mixer with paddle attachment
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease loaf pan. Line bottom with parchment paper, and grease again.
3. In the medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
4. In the mixer on medium speed, mix oil, agave nectar, eggs and vanilla until combined.
5. Mix in banana until distributed evenly.
6. Add flour mixture in fourths, mixing until combined after each addition.
7. Fold in walnuts with rubber spatula.
8. Pour into prepared pan.
9. Bake in center of oven for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
10. Cool in pan on cooling rack for 10 minutes.
11. Run a knife around the edge and release from pan.Allow to cool completely on cooling rack.